21 November 2009

Craftbar


Last weekend, Cory came into the city to visit from Friday to Sunday. We had a lovely meal (prepared by Dan!) of chicken pot pie on Saturday night, with his legendary broccoli-cheese casserole. Then, we danced ourselves silly playing Raving Rabbids TV party on our Wii. Hilarious! Saturday morning we slept in late, went for mani-pedis, and then had brunch and Coronas at Harry's Burritos. After brunch, it was off to an afternoon of shopping on the Upper East side- first to Diesel, where I got a FLASHY pair of neon PINK stilettos!


After Cory and I busted the bank at Diesel, we crossed the street to Bloomingdale's, and perused the Louis Vuitton shop! I got an early Christmas gift too! tee hee!

We were all excited for our dinner reservation that evening, and even thought the weather was mucky and yucky and rainy, and blew our hair into our lipgloss all evening (don't you HATE that? Ladies, can I get an Amen?) we had an absolutely wonderful dinner!

I would be doing you all a great disservice if I did not take a moment to marvel at the magnificent meal we shared last Saturday night at Craftbar. Tom Collichio's flatiron district restaurant, Craftbar, has become one of our favourites, ever since Dan and I went there for our anniversary in July. The food was just absolutely amazing. Our server, Mark, was hilarious, and cracked jokes when Cory spilled her martini on the table (it was the snake ring's fault!)

Sunday, we invited Joe & Jon over for brunch, and I played a private concert on my white piano :) After brunch, we went to see 2012 at the Times Square theatres. Cory, we miss you already!

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun! It was the perfect way to relax for a few days before the crazy holiday weeks!
    I must say I am impressed by the new apartment!! Also known as my 'Vacation Home' in my GPS. Hahaha!
    We did such a great job dancing on the Wii. My kitten paws I had while sledding was classic!
    Couldn't say enough about Craftbar! And let me clarify that my very large cocktail ring spilled my cocktail......I didn't know that was a part of the deal!!
    Thanks again for the wonderful weekend, cannot wait to spend Turkey Day with you and Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...