20 November 2008

Hmmm.... I'd love to hear what you parents think about this:

Here's a comment I found posted on ABCnews.com

I wonder what role TV plays in this. Seriously. There are many studies to show how brain damage can happen by age 3 if kids watch too much tv. Every single study they do on TV has horrid results. The American Society of Pediatrics actually says NO TV for children under three. NONE. a nd there are real reason for this, complicated real reasons. Some kids are impervious and TV does not affect their brain growth that much, for others, it can trigger autism or other brain malfunctions and if their brain does not develope properly from a young age, chances it will ever fully be normal are very low. I think we need to look into exactly what TV does. TV is unnatural, both in how often the scene changes ( on average, from a half second to 3 seconds) to the fact that there is always movement _ such is not true for hte real world. When you shut off the tv and are left in aboring room with the same view 100% of the time unless you physiclaly move, simple things like listening to a sentence your parent says is unbearable, infuriating. Why are there so many mentally ill kids? they do studies on top of studie son vaccine and come up with NO LINK, however every study they do on TV has a very strong causal link, yet everyonefreaks out because no one can imagine saying no to tv for their kids and advertising dollars woudl be lost. but I think there is a link. As a parent, of a family that has TONS of autism in it, and sees my kids troubled friends and even my youngest is not as thoughtful as the older ones, why???? Tv exposure. I now severly limit my youngest tv exposure and have already seen a difference, but as a mom of four, I understand the temptation of silence of kid watching tv. but it's dangerous.

Thoughts? Comments? What do you parents think? Agree or disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...