04 March 2010

Love my steamer

Remember how I posted a long time ago that I wanted one of these steamers? I got one!! Whoo!! Tgis thing is my new best friend. It's like a crock pot, but BETTER because it's so much healthier and faster! There are 3 stackable trays, and you can make your whole meal- chicken, fish, veggies, and rice- all steamed with NO grease or oil! Just plain 'ol water!



I really love it for EDAMAME too!! Me and Dan will eat edamame as a snack while watching tv- no carbs! And so much cheaper than take out- we buy the frozen edamame in the pods from whole foods or fresh direct and it's like $3 for a huge bag! Mmmm! Anyone else a fan of edamame?




-- Posted From My iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Carmin, please pass along a few recipes. We have one and have never used it but keep saying that we'd like to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I might be stupid but I've never heard of Edamame...what is it?!? Remember I'm married to a farmer so we don't stray too far from the meat and potatoes! Sounds like we need to...I should probably eat something that isn't carbs! And I'm glad to hear you like your steamer...I've looked at them and now I'm even more interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! I think I'll write a post about some of the recipes I've been trying with the steamer- I think the thing I like best about it is that you can just set it and forget it! I put dinner in the steamer when I get home from work, change, go take the dogs to the park, go to my yoga class, and then boom, dinner is ready and warm when I'm back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...