15 March 2010

Sad

Police have identified a woman who was struck and killed on the subway on Thursday- she dropped her gym bag on the tracks and then JUMPED DOWN onto the tracks to retrieve it. Unbelievable! People, NOTHING you own is worth jumping down onto the tracks for. Trust me, I dropped my diamond-covered wedding band onto the tracks when I first moved to NYC. There was a collective gasp of sympathy from rest of the people standing on the platform, because they all saw it happen too. I took my winter gloves off, and it was flung up into the air when I pulled off my glove. What did I do? I shrugged and said, “oh well, that’s gone!” No way would I jump down onto the tracks and risk my LIFE to get it!

HERE’s the article from the NY times. And let it be a reminder- if you ever drop something on the tracks, LET IT GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...