20 October 2010

Down on the Farm

My husband and I visited his parents this past weekend in Pennsylvania. It's a little known fact that he grew up on a dairy farm (yes, it's true!) My in-laws still live in the big victorian farmhouse and raise a few calves just for fun.

I've never seen a cow up close like this before, and I had never touched one. My father in law gave us pears to feed them. They liked Dan, despite his leather jacket! Haha

I don't know if I can ever eat beef again! I didn't realize they were such gentle and peaceful animals. And so cute! Those eyes with those long eyelashes were just looking right at me asking, "how could you EAT me when I'm so nice to you?!"

Dan said not to get too attached- likely the next time we go visit, his mom will have a nice big roast... Of one of my little friends! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!






















-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...