03 November 2010

Advice?

We are taking a weekend vacation to Chicago flying out after work on Friday and returning on Sunday, just for a little getaway. I thought I'd put the question out to my readers as to WHERE we should eat? We are big fans of Chef Rick Bayless, and his modern fusion south american cuisine, but there are no reservations available to Topolobampo, and Frontera Grill doesn't take reservations.

Any Chicago natives out there wanna suggest a great restaurant to impress a couple of New Yorkers? (Please note, if you suggest a chain restaurant, I will NOT even consider it a joke!)

5 comments:

  1. I was there with my mom and my sister in September and my sister's best friend who has lived there for 1.5 years took us around town. Her and her hubby go out to eat almost every day and at least 2x per weekend so they have tried soooooooo many places. There was a place called Hot Chocolate that I think you would really like. Very hip, very you guys! If you need more than the name, I can ask her for the address and get back to you. The hot chocolate was amazing!! And the food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I'll check out the website, thanks, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you HAVE to go to Bleeding Heart Bakery for a dessert- they have AWESOME cupcakes!
    http://thebleedingheartbakery.com/cupcakesdonuts.htm
    Also, I recently reaad about this place, but haven't been there yet - it's an 80's themed coffee shop with a "time machine Delorian" in the front!
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-wormhole-coffee-chicago
    Those are just breakfast/snack ideas!
    Have fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was Paula, not Rachel, by the way. :~)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...