14 January 2013

I'm in love with this trick!

On Dr. Oz last week, Rocco Dispirto explained a really interesting way to make HEALTHY sour cream: by substituting cottage cheese. I was very skeptical- I LOATHE cottage cheese.  Can't eat it at all- the chunks and curds make me want to vom right away. But he said that if you substitute 1 c. of cottage cheese for 1 c. sour cream, add a squeeze of lemon, and then blend/puree in a food processor or blender, you won't be able to tell the difference. Plus, you're getting WAY more protein, less fat and less salt!

Last night, just before midnight, I had the most intense craving for a big 'ole baked potato. Unfortunately, I didn't even HAVE any potatoes in the house, and we all know they take about 7,000 hours to bake. This morning, I had some potatoes delivered with my grocery order (yay, freshdirect.com!) and Sevryn and I set out to try this sour cream imposter creation.

I'm here to tell you...it's GOOD! I mean, seriously.  It's REALLY good.

Here's all the information from Dr. Oz's website.  Try it for yourself! I'm a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...