20 May 2007

Be Brave, Dan!

This afternoon, Dan and I went to the Tattoo Convention, held here in NYC. Dan had decided to get his nose pierced twice, with 2 hoops on one side. I was on hand to watch, build up his courage, and of course, take pictures for all of you to enjoy!

Step one: Dan gets a lovely little drawing on his nose of where the piercing will go. Next, a big hollow needle gets shoved down through his nose, and then the hoop is threaded through the hole and latched closed. OWWWWWIEEEE! Then, REPEAT! I didn't take pictures during the process, because I didn't want to be blamed if the flashed caused the piercer guy to push the needle into Dan's eye or something...

He was tough, and made it through with minimal bleeding and crying. Way to go, Baby! The piercing artist reminded Dan to avoid getting hit in the face for a few weeks, since it will be sensitive. (I warned Dan that he should drop out of his underground Fight Club this week, just in case...) After the torture session, we wandered through the convention. One gentlemen in particular was pretty hard to miss...

He also advertised to me that he's SINGLE... Can you believe it, ladies? (Note my uncomfortable, forced smile in this photo.) "Hurry and take the picture, Dan!"While this picture was being taken, a bunch of big tatooed, leather-clad biker guys stood around and said, "Oooh, nice ass!" (I hope they were talking about the tatooed guy...)



After a while, I began to appreciate the beauty of being tattooed head to toe, and Dan and I got inspired to get full body tat's as well. What do you think?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...