11 March 2009

I have a date with the KING of POP!

BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG!!!!

You may have heard of a guy named MICHAEL JACKSON?! He's only the greatest pop star that's ever LIVED! He announced that he's playing at the O2 Arena in London this summer, and THIS IS IT! This will be the last tour he ever does!

Dan and I LOVE music, and we love concerts- we've had this running list of artists that are on our "list" of concerts of artists that we consider the LEGENDS of music. So far the list includes:

Madonna (check! We've been to 3 of her concerts now)
Janet Jackson (check!)
Prince (check!)
James Brown (amazingly...CHECK! He performed at a private party for Diesel- his last performance before he died!)
Whitney Houston (still hoping she comes back)
Celine Dion (check!)
Elton John (still on the list)
Stevie Wonder

and, of course, the ULTIMATE is...MICHAEL.

When we heard about his concert, we vowed that we would pay anything to be there. Tickets went on sale at 3am NY time (7am London time) and we set the alarm to wake up. We registered for MJ's fan club and we got an exclusive pre-sale code to purchase tickets in advance, before they go on sale on Friday.

Ticketmaster CRASHED, and I thought all hope was lost...but then I got an email around 9am saying that Ticketmaster was sorry about the whole mess, and that pre-sale tickets were STILL available and would go on sale AGAIN!

I logged on and waited about 25 minutes before it finally went through...we got LEVEL 1 Seating in the 2nd section from the stage!!! OMG this is amazing! I seriously felt dizzy and my heart was racing as I typed in my credit card number. Is this really happening?! I'm really going to London to see Michael Jackson?!! AHHHHHH!!!!

So, yeah, you could say I'm pretty excited at this point. Dan is an even bigger Michael fan than ME (I was too young for Thriller, so I pretty much started discovering Michael in his BAD album, and even Blood on the Dance floor album a little later.) Dan remembers seeing Michael Jackson moonwalk for the first time in 2nd grade! He made his mom make him a sequin glove, and he would wear white socks with his black loafers!! So amazing, right?

Check out more info on this show of a lifetime at http://www.michaeljacksonlive.com/

AND, I highly recommend you watch THIS VIDEO of some of the highlights of his past concerts- make sure you watch it full screen. I'll probably have to be carried out on a stretcher like the girl who freaks out in this video!

Can you imagine just hearing that bass riff come in for Billy Jean?!
Smooth Criminal?
Beat it?
Bad?
Dirty Diana?

All the greatest hit songs- THIS IS IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...