10 March 2009

Where'd she GO?

I know you’re annoyed that you’ve been checking this blog and no updates have been posted recently. Well, SURPRISE! Here’s a new post for you this morning!

Work has been busy- anyone who works in finance/accounting knows that the first week of the month, and the last week of the month are the busiest. That’s when month end financials are due, budgets and operating fund requests are submitted, bank recs, lockbox sweeps, all that fun stuff. On the plus side, it makes the days fly by faster!

We still aren’t having any sugar sweet warm weather here in NYC- winter has a tight grip on us this year. I am so sick and tired of winter coats, mittens, and boots- I just want to be able to walk outside without a coat on! Spring seems to be teasing us: we get a day of warm sunshine, and then the next day, it’s freezing cold and windy. Back and forth! I can’t wait until I can walk home from work through Central Park and see the kids playing on the playground, the green grass, people walking their dogs, and jogging through the trails. AGHHH!! Come on, Spring!

I did see more snow than I have in a LONG time this weekend, though: I was in Canada Friday through Sunday, visiting my family in Montreal. It was a great weekend- we went to see Slumdog Millionaire (I’d already seen it last year, but I didn’t mind seeing it again) and we ate homemade waffles, played wii, it was a fun weekend with my nieces Navy & London. I wish I saw them more often!

Dan stayed home this weekend to get some much needed rest. He’s off all week on vacation- I tried to persuade him to go to Miami, or someplace with lots of sun and sand, but he insisted that he just wanted to stay in NYC and relax; sleep in every morning and stay out late every night. Yesterday (after his first day off) he told me he was BORED and wished he’d gone to the beach! LOL ! I don’t have enough vacation time at my job to take random weeks off like that- Dan has something like 7 weeks of vacation, not including sick and personal days, so he doesn’t even ever use it all! Me, I get 10 DAYS. Woo hoo! (not so much…)

Last night, we went out to dinner at a fusion Latin/Asian restaurant 1 block from our apt called CITRUS (it’s fantastic!) and had a walk around the neighborhood. Then we had a serious Wii Tennis competition (I won!) and caught up on some TiVo from the weekend. It’s nice having him at home this week, and not working until 2am every night!

There you have it! Now you’re all caught up! See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...