01 June 2007

I give this story 4 THUMBS UP!

Sarah and Joe Rife arrived in NYC yesterday for a weeklong visit with me and Dan. I met them at the airport. We rode took the bus into Manhattan from the airport, and Sarah sat beside a man who had FOUR THUMBS! She said she wanted to try and sneak a picture on her cell phone, but we were riding the bus through HARLEM, so I think she might have gotten beat up. I looked up this medical condition online, and found out that it's called "Polydactyly", where some people can be born with extra fingers, toes, and even hands! Here's a picture (NOT from my cell phone, cause I would have been beaten up too!) of a Polydactyly that looks like the man on the bus- except BOTH of his hands were like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...