29 June 2007

I think they make you look bad on PURPOSE

I got my NY license in the mail yesterday- yes, that's right, in the MAIL. I had to turn in my PA license, go down to the DMV on 34th st, wait for 3 hours, and then they took ONE photo of me, didn't let me see it, and said, "NEXT!" After I waited in another line, the lady handed me a piece of paper, and said, "this is your temporary license, your new license will arrive in about 2 weeks." All that waiting, and then you STILL have to wait 2 weeks?! I was anxious to see what my photo would look like, since they herded us through the lines so quickly, barely gave a warning, and then CLICK, you're done. I'm not that unhappy with the result. I look a little loopy, my eyes are half closed, and I really have no eyebrows, but all in all, not THAT terrible.

I showed my license to my Elizabeth (whose license has been expired for almost 5 months now) and she said it wasn't bad at all. Especially, when I pulled out my work ID, and compared that photo to my license photo:

Oh. My. Gosh.

It's okay to feel frightened. I was too, when I saw this. When my coworkers saw it, they asked if I was addicted to crack. Seriously, though- I don't look like a business professional, I look like I stopped into the soup kitchen for bread and beans! And if I'm not already pale enough, now I look like a hospital patient! The only place this picture belongs is in Glamour magazine with a black bar across my eyes!

I know they do it on purpose- These people get their kicks out of taking terrible pictures, and them forcing you to carry it around for the next 5 years and show people when asked. It's WRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...