25 June 2007

Pardon me while I wretch my lungs out

I have bronchitis :( I came down with a fever on Thursday (shouldn't it be "came UP with a fever?") and when I got home from work, my temp was 100.8 F. "Not NOW," I thought, "It's almost the weekend!" My fever persisted to be between 100.8 and 101.8 for going on FIVE days now, and I had to confront the fact that I may not be able to just sleep it off. I did my darndest, though, and I spent ALL day Saturday and Sunday in bed. Isn't having a fever the worst? You're FREEZING, and shaking, but you're not allowed to cover up and pile blankets on, cause that just makes it worse, and your fever just goes UP. So last night, the hacking, choking, wheezing, I can't breathe, stabbing pains set in. See that x-ray above, and all that green cloudy stuff? That's what bronchitis looks (and feels) like. Yuck.

The doctor prescribed me the super antibiotic "Z-pack", which is five amazing little feel good pills that you take 2 the first day, and then the next three one a day, and whoo hoo! You're cured and you have the immune system of a superhero! Fingers crossed!

Meanwhile, I'm kinda enjoying this croaky, smokes 3 packs of marlboro reds a day for 30 years , smoker's voice that I have. I like pairing it with an outlandish Long Island accent and saying "I'm all vechlempt!" to Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...