14 October 2007

Central Park-ing

Autumn hasn't quite shown its colors in NYC yet... we went to Central Park this weekend to see some foliage, but we ended up just seeing some wierdos. (You'll know who I'm talking about at the end of this blog...) Central Park, for those of you who have never been, is simply stunning. It's ginormous, and we still haven't seen even 1/10th of it after living here for a year! It's amazing that this is in the middle of the busiest and craziest city in the world- it's so beautiful and serene and calming. This vineyard area is one of our favorite spots.



The vines have grown and made a roof and a green shady canopy.




Dan asked me what kind of beans those are, hanging from the vines. I said I dunno, he should eat them and see what happens!

This vine was so cool-looking! It kind of reminds me of those curvy waterslides at water parks!
I took a picture of this gorgeous tree below because it immediately struck me as a great climbing tree! I climbed so many trees as a kid, that even now I find myself looking for good trees to climb. This one would be awesome! Maybe I'll go back and climb it... and probably get arrested.
Here's a courtyard with a massive fountain and a lake where you can rent rowboats. The fountain is in the opening credits of "Friends, " for all you fans. Dan wouldn't jump in the fountain to re-create the scene. He just made a face at me for asking.

And, as promised... let's play "where's wierdo", my version of where's waldo! Can you see the weirdo in the picture below?

Bingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...