03 October 2007

Extra! Extra!

It’s been a while since I’ve updated, so here’s a little run-down:
A couple weeks ago, I went to the eye doctor because my eyes were red and scratchy. I was afraid that I had pink eye from holding onto the bacteria-infested subway poles, or escalator handrails…blech! Turns out it was some sort of an allergy that cleared up when the doctor prescribed drops for me. She had me read a couple lines from the eye chart, and I like an idiot, I couldn’t read anything. Literally, I was like… “uh…M?... no, R?... duh… yeah, I’m not even gonna try that one, I have NO idea!” She laughed and said it was probably because of the allergy, and my eyes would clear up with the drops. I went back to the doctor on Thursday, and had a full eye exam to check out my progress… guess what? I need glasses! I told Dan, and he said, “NERD!” (what a supportive husband…) My vision isn’t bad, it’s one line above 20/20 on the eye chart, so the glasses are really just for long distance vision, night driving, going to the opera or the theatre. It’s just a sad reminder that my youth is fleeing me!

What else has happened? Umm… last week while I was walking by Bryant Park, I saw a pair of pants, socks, shoes, and a shirt lying on the sidewalk as if the person wearing them had been raptured or something! It was funny, they were perfectly aligned just so… everyone stared as they walked by, as if they were trying to figure out what was going on. Weird!

Prince learned to climb up the stairs! Romeo has been doing it for months, but Prince fell down the spiral stairwell when we first moved to NYC, so he was scared to go near it. (He wasn’t hurt- he landed on top of a pile of moving boxes and blankets/towels.) Last week, I was doing the dishes upstairs, and put both the dogs downstairs to play and get out of my hair for a while. Romeo came running up the stairs immediately, and Prince cried down there by himself. Next thing I know, Prince is running into the kitchen, with a look that told me he knew he’d done something BIG! What a cutie!

My brother Nolan flew into NYC from LA on Friday night, and we’ll be driving up to Canada for Thanksgiving this weekend. Nolan’s moving up there for a while, but Dan and I will come back on Monday. Nolan’s cat is here with us too, and she’s just starting to get used to the two crazy dogs- they follow her and sniff her relentlessly until she growls and makes them scared.

As for recent celebrity sightings, I saw them filming Sex & the City on 5th Ave, and I walked by Hank Azaria on the way to work one day. I think that’s about it. Not much of a re-cap, but I’ll update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...