25 October 2007

Throughout history and traversing all cultural boundaries, men and women have collectively joined together to protest injustice and defend human rights. Massive political and social movements have developed when collectively; people take a stand and say, “NO MORE!”

I am therefore announcing that I have decided to enforce a blog STRIKE. That’s right, folks: no more posts until I get FIFTEEN comments!!

You wouldn’t think of walking past me on the street without at least waving, or saying, “hey Carm! What’s up?” I would hope that you would kindly smile if we met while in line at the grocery store. (Maybe you’d even talk to me!) Yet, every day you visit my site when you’re bored at work, or nothing’s on TV at home, or you’re just plain nosey and want to see what I’ve been up to in my corner of the world. And do you even say, “Hi?” Nope! I give you people daily commercial-free entertainment, political insight, interesting thoughts, and make a fool out of myself in public just to get that perfect picture for my blog, and how am I even thanked for it?

Now, I must say, that not all of you secretly stalk me without leaving a comment now and then. I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn’t acknowledge that there ARE a few of you who are considerate enough to leave me a “ha ha” or “that’s funny, Carm” in the comments section. I am especially touched by those of you who write even more than 1 sentence! So THANK YOU to all my encouraging supporters. But I’m not budging- that’s right FIFTEEN comments need to show up before you’ll see any more pictures or funny stories.

This is where the rubber hits the road, people- no more online anonymity! I purposely made my blog PUBLIC so that I could openly share with you, but I can see the traffic counter and I KNOW that dozens of people are viewing my blog daily and not even saying “hi!” Who are you? Who’s out there? I wanna hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...