20 November 2007

La la la...ings, These are a few of my favourite things...

Today is Oprah’s annual Favorite Things show- the show where the audience turns into greedy screaming banshees and gets everything that Oprah says (or is paid to say?) that she likes. In keeping with Miss O’s tradition, I thought I’d make my own favOURite (Canadian spelling, if you will) things list, with some of my favourite things. And guess what? You are all getting these things to take home! Yes, that’s right! All you have to do is click on the link of each product below, add the item to your shopping cart, enter your credit card information, and VOILA! It will arrive at your door! Amazing! I’m curious to know: What are some of your favourite things? Post your comments!

Lindt Chili Chocolate- yes, I know it sounds disgusting, but for the serious chocoholic, it's heaven! A dark, smooth rich chocolate with the slightest kick of spice at the finish. I'm in love!

Prescriptives False Eyelashes Mascara- I hate clumps, but I love long superthick lashes. That's why I love this mascara. It gives you soft, conditioned, feathery lashes that are ridiculously long and are almost too good to be true! I've literally had people argue with me that I'm wearing false eyelashes when I'm wearing this! Uh uh...All real, baby!

Bliss Supershine Lemon + Sage Shampoo and Conditioner- My once frizzy- do want it wants- curly/wavy-outta control mane is now deliciously soft, shiny and smells fantastic! The shampoo tingles and feels minty on your scalp, and the conditioner feels like silk in your hands. The whole apartment smells fantastic after a shower! A little pricey, but it lasts forever since you only need a tiny bit.

The Glass Castle- the best book I've read in a long time. How do I even begin to describe it? Literally couldn't put it down, and passed it on to 3 co-workers, my husband, my sister, and then she passed it on to several of her friends! It's hard to believe it's a memoir, because it's so incredible that someone lived through poverty and homelessness like this as a child. The best part is that the author carrys you through to current day, so you know what happens to everyone in the end. This book deeply affected my outlook on homeless people and poverty in this country.

Blackout- Ok, I know this may surprise you, but Britney Spears' new albulm is good, and I'm not afraid to say it! I know her life is a tragedy, and a train-wreck waiting to happen, but she has managed to take all this negativity and these experiences and produce some great songs and really great lyrics: "I'm Mrs. Extra- Extra this just in, I'm Mrs. She's too Fat now she's too thin" The albulm is hot, the beats are heavy, and (I can't believe I'm saying this!) her voice sounds great- she's stopped trying to oversing herself, and she sounds at home with techno-dance beats and synth effects. Listen with an open mind- you may be surprised to admit you like it too!

Gain Laundry Detergent- Is there anything better than fresh-smelling laundry? Yup- laundry that’s washed with Gain! My closet, drawers, bathroom, sheets, and my whole apartment smells so great for WEEKS! People come into our apartment and ask, “what’s that candle?” or “what’s that air-freshener?” and when I tell them it’s the laundry from 5 days ago, they don’t believe me! Yes, those scents and chemicals may be harmful to your respiratory system, or cause cancer like everything seems to nowadays, but man, it smells AMAZING! I love the green apple, and the outdoor spring air, and the cotton fresh scents. Let’s be honest, I love them all! I actually called the 1-800 number and told them how much I loved the scent, and how my friends have all started using Gain since I advertise it so much, and the company sent me $20 in free coupons for Gain products! Yey, Gain!

Freshdirect.com- Ok, this is a little unfair, because only New Yorkers can enjoy this luxury, but I still have to add it to my list. My life is so much easier now that I order my groceries online! Fresh Direct delivers the same day and has the nutritional value for every item you look at. You can even set up grocery lists and just re-order the same thing from your previous list. You can search for any item, then sort by price, or fat content, or calorie content, or cost/serving! Plus, they have thousands of recipes, and it will automatically add all the ingredients to your shopping cart. In NYC, it’s a pain in the butt to have to carry 12 bags of groceries up and down subway stairs, on the train, or to your apartment 5 blocks away, but Fresh Direct delivers for only $4.99! I can’t imagine a better way to spend 5 bucks then to have someone bring my groceries directly to my door in nice organized boxes that are pre-sorted by frozen, dairy, meat, produce, and grocery categories! You choose your delivery time within a 2 hour time frame from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week (example: 4pm-6pm). You’re never sitting around waiting for the food guy like you do for the cable guy! You can even buy cleaning products, toiletries, beverages, and prepared meals! Genius idea, Fresh Direct!

Russian Navy by OPI- Black is sooooo 2006! I’m way too white to try to pull that look off anyway, because I ended up looking like a depressed Goth chick. I’m totally into this gorgeous dark navy colour for winter- it looks classy but edgy. You can wear it to the office, but it still lets people know that you’re up on the latest trends. Say goodbye to French manicures and nasty acrylic tips, and say hello to Russian Navy! It’s HOT, and I predict you’re gonna see it EVERYWHERE!

Sugar-free Small Altoids - These sugar free small Altoids are powerful! Plus, the little tin is cute and tiny, so it fits in your pocket or your tiniest evening bag. They’re sugar-free too! Way better than the big altoids, and stronger too!

Opalescence Toothpaste- I purchased it at my dentist’s office, but it's also available at amazon.com. It will safely whiten without harsh chemicals or abrasive wear on your enamel. Plus, it’s safe for dental work and even whitens crowns, fillings, and veneers! Makes my pearlies even pearlier!

Greendimes.com- save the environment and eliminate your junk mail! I signed up earlier this year, and it's been fantastic not to have my mailbox jammed with credit card offers, flyers, and junk. Plus, they plant a tree every month in your name! Great idea, and great cause. If you need an idea for a Christmas, this would make an awesome gift!

Secret Clinical Strength- This stuff works! Dan has been stealing mine and asking why they don't make this for men! No more pit stains on a silk blouse! (uh... that was referenced to me, not Dan...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...