20 December 2007

There! Checked YOU off my list!

I found this article online which I wholeheartedly support: Gift cards are not gifts. I recently took part in a "secret Santa" name exchange, where each person was supposed to write down 3 things under $25 that would give you ideas of what to buy. Both Dan and I recieved names with "gift card" written on the list. That's pretty much like asking me to put $25 cash into an envelope and hand it to them: "Merry Christmas!" Don't get me wrong, gift cards are great and they do serve a purpose. They're a great way to say "thank you" or as a small surprise without occasion, but a real gift involves thoughtfulness and care. A meaningful gift shows you took the time to find a gift that represents your relationship to the recipient and demonstrates that you care about them enough to know exactly what they would love to recieve!

Please, no more asking for gift cards or (*gasp*) CASH for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...