27 December 2007

Un-beWEAVEable!

I compiled this photo documentary to demonstrate my new hair extensions and the grueling ordeal to have them woven into my natural hair. Since everyone in Hollywood is doing it, I figured I may as well transform myself into a celebrity as well! I am thrilled with my new 'do and I still haven't gotten used to all this long hair yet! It's heavy! My natural hair length is about 3 inches past my shoulders, but the hair extensions were a good 12 inches long. The entire process took over 4 hours!


Step 1: The hair. A swatch of my hair was cut out as a sample for my personal stylist, Mandi, to match the extensions. She custom ordered 100% human hair to match the exact color and highlights.

Step 2: My hair was braided into sections of corn-rows and then the hair is sewn with special thread and needle into the corn-row. When I want to remove the extensions, I just snip the thread and take the extensions off, then unbraid the corn-row in my own hair. Disclaimer: No hair was harmed in the making of this documentary!

Dan wanted to see how he would look with extensions: a little like Joe Dirt, maybe? Not the best look for him!



Step 3: After the extensions are in, they have to be cut and layered using a razor to create texture and blend them with my own hair. Ready for the finished look?



TA-DA!



You like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...