05 June 2009

Bring it, Simon!



Hey, so I'm going to American Idol. Yup. I am. It's time, people. 

The first city that is open for auditions is Boston and it's NEXT WEEKEND, so that's not much time to prepare. But, I actually WATCHED the show for the first time this past year to study it and figure out how I can get through the auditions, and I think I've got some good ideas.

Here's my thing: you have to have something to get you noticed, so tell me which you think is better:

1) I play up the Susan Boyle phenomenon, and I go dressed in kind of a frumpy suit, hair pulled in a bun, glasses, etc. Then, I play up the whole, "I'm an accountant" thing (because that's really what I do!) and build this story about how I always wanted to be a singer, but I work in an office as an accountant, and blah blah. Then, just when they're ready to count me out, I bust out with a completely unexpected soulful power ballad, like Whitney Houston or Aretha Franklin or something. Then, as the show progresses, I undergo this "makeover" thing and I become the audience favorite because of the underdog principal.

2) I go dressed uber high fashion and super cool and draw attention from the producers with really out there hair and makeup. This will get me through to the Simon/Paula/Randy round, and once I get to them, I'm home free. (Hey, I know I've got the chops- it's just getting THROUGH to that round that's the hard part!)  

Here's the look I'm thinking (this is me at the big Diesel party last year)







AND, to help me choose a song, I'm gonna record some vids of a couple different choices, and then post them here on this blog and have you guys VOTE to decide my audition song! 

So, first- which look do you think I should go with? What's gonna get me through the first 2 rounds and into the Simon/Paula/Randy audition? Thoughts? Ideas? HELLLLP!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...tough choice...number one might even get you on the internet but number two would probably get the attention of the producers...it's a tough choice. I'd probably go with number one...but it's your call. Can't wait to hear what you decide:) And...yes...you can add me to your blog roll...I'd be honored! Take care and happy figuring out your look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... I think you should go as the accountant, but don't get too frumpy! Also, I think Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" would suit your voice perfectly. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...