10 July 2009

Time to share a little update about our recent trip to Canada! We got to the rental car place on 77th street at 8am on Thursday morning to pick up the car. We had reserved an SUV because I would be driving the whole 14 hrs, and Dan wanted to be able to fold the backseat down, make a bed for himself with lots of blankets, and SLEEP! The lady at the counter told me that the regular SUV’s were all booked, so they were giving us a MERCEDES SUV! It was pimp! 2010 with only 23 miles on it! GPS, satellite radio, sunroof that went all the way in the backseat- just amazing! She said that normally, it rents for $498/day, but we only had to pay an extra $10! So YEAH!! Guess we cashed in some good karma points with that one!

We drove through to Beulah camp- and guess who was the speaker on the night we were there? Dr. Jim Lo! One of my professors from IWU! I sang in an acapella group with his two sons, Matt and Andre! What a small world, right? It was great to see him again and tell him all about life here in NYC!

Romeo and Prince, our 2 dogs traveled so well! They love going in the car, and even on long trips, they do great! They love to sleep in our laps. Such good little travelers!

On Friday morning, my nieces Navy, London, and I went to CJ 104.1 FM radio to make a special guest appearance! I did a whole hour with them during the morning show, and the girls got to sit right in the studio with us! It was really fun, and it went over really well. Apparently, I have quite a fan base in Woodstock NB! Richard and Jenn, the morning show hosts, are going to send some clips of the show for me to share with my readers here on this blog. Stay tuned!


On Saturday, we had my 10 yr. High school reunion! Wow- 10 years! I really haven’t even been back in town more than 1 or 2 times during that 10 years, so a LOT had changed! We had a good turnout for the reunion, and it was fun to catch up. It was great that my younger brother, Brad could be there too, and Dan and I were happy to hang out with him- he’s in the military, so it’s hard to get to see him sometimes! It was so great to be back in Canada, but everything has changed so much it’s hard for it to be familiar anymore. I kept getting turned around and lost!

We drove back to NYC on Sunday morning- the whole trip was only 4 days total, so it was a quick one. Well worthwhile, though! We made great time driving back down to Manhattan and when that beautiful skyline appeared ahead of us, we both got that feeling of “home.” That’s when you know that you’re really becoming a true New Yorker: when the sight of the city is welcoming and familiar. Man, I just pinch myself every time- it’s just an incredible blessing to be able to live in this amazing city. There’s truly nothing like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...