24 October 2009

Airports... Grrrrrrr!

I'm at the Newark airport waiting to board my flight to Canada tonight. But first, I'd like to entertain all of you with a ridiculous tale; my check-in misadventures. Why does airport travel have to be SO frustrating?!

I arrived to continental check in, and since I'm flying to Canada, I went to "international departure check-in." logical, right? Well, not in this fairy tale land called NEW JERSEY! After attempting the self check in machine, which told me it could not read my passport, I stood in an infuriatingly long line until I was told by the check-in clerk that I had to go to DOMESTIC check in. I told her that I'm flying to a DIFFERENT COUNTRY and it should be international, but she impatiently told me to go to the domestic check in line ( which was even longer) and then called, "NEXT!"

You can guess what happens next.

I stood in an even longer line at domestic and when I finally got to the clerk she said, "ma'am you're flying to Canada. THAT'S A DIFFERENT COUNTRY ( I'm not lying, she actually said that like I was 4 yrs old) and you need to check in at the international check in." At this point, the New Yorker in me kicked in and I told her to please don't speak to me like I am an idiot- I KNOW Canada is a different country- look at my PASSPORT, I'm CANADIAN! (geez, these people they find to work at airports...)

So I went BACK to the long international line and finally got to a different clerk to actually managed to check me in. Then she says, "ok your flight leaves from gate 23 at Terminal A." ( please note, I've been in terminal C this entire time!) I say, " what do you mean, Terminal A? Continental departs from terminal C!" she says, "yes, but this flight is departing from terminal A. Go get back on the train. NEXT!"

I get back on the train, ride the ENTIRE circle around the airport back to terminal A, and then check my flight status: wait for it...DELAYED 1 hr!

But on the plus side, I saw a tourism booth and this sign made me laugh!



--
It reminded me of what me and my friend Cory say: "Jersey girls AREN'T trash...trash gets PICKED UP!"

Oops gotta go they are ready to call my gate for boarding!

Bon voyage!!!



Posted From My iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Awww - I just LOVE the Jersey airport! I will be back there in a couple of weeks and can hardly wait (sense the sarcasm).

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yes I DO sense the sarcasm! ha ha and PS: after we boarded, we sat on the runway for an hour and a half because of lightning. Newark airport shut down all the flights from departing because of weather. Then, when we WERE allowed to depart, we had to let all the European flights go ahead of us. No fair! Oh well, free drinks all around on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much for a short trip home! Try 12 hours....Loved the story! I must admit I am glad I was not traveling with you at this point :) Jersey Baby!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...