12 October 2009

Jacobsen Egg Chairs

I'm crossing my fingers that our Jacobsen Egg Chairs arrive today! We ordered them over 6 weeks ago, and it's taken a LONG time to ship. The Jacobsen Egg Chair was first designed by Danish designer Arne Jacobsen in 1958, and it's one of the most recognized designs in the world. It was first debuted in the Royal Hotel in Copenhagen. (I have a close attachment to Copenhagen, as my brother, sister-in-law, and niece live there!)

So anyway, the chairs have been shipped via freight because they weigh about 100lbs each. We ordered 2 of them; both in black wool. I saw on the tracking that they have arrived in NJ, and are scheduled to go onto the truck for delivery to our apt in Manhattan. Did I mention that they swivel AND rock! I think they look like Dr. Evil's chair on Austin Powers! lol I can't wait to cocoon myself in one of these comfy things and have a nice cup of tea while looking out at the NYC skyline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...