12 January 2008

Freak on Fifth!

Whoa! Here's a crazy story for ya's: Two people got STABBED in my office building Thursday! NO JOKE! As I heard it from the doormen, two women were in the elevator together when a man entered and pushed a floor button that's vacant, and there are no offices there. When the elevator stopped on that floor, the man tried to force them off the elevator into the vacant space. They struggled to get away, and he beat on them and stabbed them both and then took off! The women survived with relatively minor injuries and they locked down the building while detectives came through and took statements from everyone.

Keep in mind that our building is very "foo-foo", and it's a historic landmark building so the government prohibits and protects the historic integrity of the architecture. This is why there's no video cameras or surveillance in the elevators. ...A little scary, actually. You just don't think about this kind of thing happening in the middle of the afternoon on 5th Avenue! Before you all start freaking out for my safety, also realise that I'm on the 34th floor, and it's a completely separate set of elevators that run up to the 10th floor, so I wouldn't have even been in the same area as the attacker. Still, everytime I'm in the elevator now, and everyone gets off except one guy... I feel a little nervous, and I start thinking, "what would I do if..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...