22 January 2008

It's the little things, right?

I can’t stand it when people say “I could care less” when they mean to say “I couldn’t care less!” When they say they could care less, then that means that they DO care a little. However, if you say, “I couldn’t care less”, that means that if they are at ZERO and it can’t possibly concern them any less than what it does right now.

Think about these two sentences: “I could care less if you quit your job”, which means I care right now, and on a scale of 1-10 it would be about a 4 because I could go down to a 3 or a 2 or even a 1. But if you say, “I couldn’t care less if you quit your job”, that means you’re currently at a ZERO on the scale, and you can’t possibly show any less concern than that!

See if you notice this week, how many people misuse this quote. Obviously, I COULD care less if they use the quote improperly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...