30 January 2008

Still alive!

Sorry for the lack of posts recently- it's been a really busy week! Dan's getting ready for Fashion Week (again!) starting this weekend, and I've been busting my butt with a trainer at the gym. By the time I get home, I'm collapsing on the couch in pain and popping advil for the inevitable soreness that will kick in the next day. You know, I realized that while most people drive to the gym and then drive home again, I have to gather the effort to haul my aching body up and down several flights of stairs to get to the subway, and then walk home from the train- DOUBLE whammy! I'll admit, tonight especially, I considered taking a cab home, but that would defeat the purpose, right?

Tonight, I convinced my trainer, Danny, to say the word "hundred" or "million" and even "million-gazillion" after counting each rep. I told him he could say it especially loud when someone walks by: "10 hundred million! 11 hundred million! Wow! That girl is INTENSE!"

Strangely enough, I've learned my right arm is WEAKER than my left... and I'm right-handed! Isn't that weird? When I'm lifting weights, my left arm is going strong, but my right arm always gets wobbly and shaky and it's a struggle for each count. Danny said that most people are stronger in their dominant arm, but when I told him I WASN'T left-handed, he was like, "HUH? Really? That IS weird!" Tonight, though I realized that I usually hold the dogs in my left hand while I do stuff with my right hand, and when I walk them, I hold the leash on the left. If we go into a shop or a store somewhere, I put them BOTH in my left arm, and use my right for shopping/paying etc. So maybe that's it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...