04 February 2008

EYE think this tastes terrible!

So here's the deal with my itchy eyes: no pink eye (that's good!) but I have some kind of weird allergy. The doctor says it's probably environmental, and it's just an irritation that is bothering
my sensitive eyes. Her best guess is that the subway dust, the dirt that flies around from all the cars and buses rushing by, all that stuff is just getting stuck on my eyeballs and making them red. She said I should wear my glasses when I'm walking to and from work outside, because they will help keep debris from blowing into them. Also, I have very dry eyes, and just like you need to moisturize your hands in the winter, I need to keep moisturizing my eyes.
She prescribed a stronger prescription eye drop, and warned me that it would sting a bit when I drop them in. I also have a moisturizing drop to put in whenever I think of it, as often as I can. Here's the bizarre thing, though- the prescription eye drops are getting into my THROAT and making my mouth all raw! It's awful, as soon as I put the drops in, I can TASTE them! They taste like nasty, salty, acidic, medicine, and the taste won't go away, so I have to chew gum or drink tea constantly. BLECH! I never realized that your eyeballs are connected to your throat!
I think I should suggest to the doctor that they should make these eyedrops in flavors like strawberry, banana, or grape. THAT would make them a bit easier to take! Ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...