11 February 2008

GRAMMYS! Let's get CRAZZZY!

Did anyone watch the GRAMMY awards last night?! Amazing! I thought it was one of the best years ever! I loved Alicia Keys and Frank Sinatra’s duet right at the beginning, and I hate to admit it, but even thought I HATE country music, that girl Carrie Underwood was FIERCE and she really turned it out in her performance! Tina and Beyonce killed it during their Proud Mary duet- wow, it gave me chills! I was so glad to see that there was very little lip-synching too. I mean, this is the GRAMMYS, people- if you can’t sing live, then you certainly don’t deserve one!

I could go on and on- Andrea Boticelli and Josh Groban? Unbelievable! I was so excited when Stevie Wonder came out onstage… but he just introduced Alicia Key’s performance (aww! I wanna hear HIM!) Prince was SO super hot and he makes me wanna scream just in the way he walks out on stage. And KANYE! I’ve never really liked him, and his arrogance turned me off but last night he was THE performance to beat! That was incredible! YouTube it if you missed it!

Now for the worst- ugghhh Amy Winehouse. Why is everyone so crazy about her? Yeah, she has a unique retro sound, but Joss Stone can do it SO much better. And she’s a crazy crack addict- not someone I think needs an award- she needs to step out of the industry for a while and fix her problems first. She just creeps me out and she does such weird things with her mouth and her legs when she performs. Also in my bottom rank? Fergie- what a crap-tacular performance with John Legend. And John, you didn’t even SING! YOU were the one I wanted to hear, not that crackly trailer-trash sounding fake-tanned wacko. John, you’re amazing. No more duets with sub-par talent that couldn’t even hit pitch on that one LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG excruciating note that she held forever but never quite got up there to hit it. Open it up, girl! That was PAINFUL!

Time for comments- what was your top and least favourite moments from last night? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...