20 February 2008

I'm losing my MIND!

Have you ever woken up in the morning, and can’t figure out what time it is? I had this crazy time warp thing this morning, and I thought I was going CRAZY! I remember checking the alarm last night before bed, and making sure it was set for 7am. I have this routine where I put the alarm clock across the room (so that I’m FORCED to get out of bed to turn it off) and when it goes off at 7, I turn it off, pick up the remote for the TV, turn on the tv, and crawl back into bed. Then, Diane Sawyer gently wakes me up as I listen to the news on Good Morning America. (When I walk past Times Square on my way to work, I usually look in the GMA window and mentally give a little “hey Diane” as she’s finishing up the broadcast! Pretty cool!) Anyway, this morning, I crawled back into bed and, as usual, listened to the news until about 7:20, when I get up to walk the dogs and get ready for work. When I laid back down in bed, though- I heard the LOCAL news: the news that runs from like 5am to 7am, before GMA.

The anchor was saying: “It’s 6:15am on Wednesday, February 20, 2008” and I mumbled to Dan, “Why did you set the alarm for 6:15am?!” He said he didn’t, but I just assumed that maybe he messed it up when he came to bed much later than me last night. So in my head, I was like, “Yes! I can sleep another HOUR!”

When the news announced that it was 7:45, I decided it was time to get up. I slept in a little bit past the normal 7:20, but I figured I still had PLENTY of time. ( See where I’m going with this?)

So, I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and I glance up at the clock on the wall which says 8:30! What the? So I go back to the TV, which says 7:45am in the bottom corner of the screen. By this time, I’m all confused. I figure that the clock in the bathroom must have stopped working LAST night at 8:30, and that’s why it’s messed up. I go back to the bathroom, and stare at the clock, just as the minute had clicks ahead. It’s NOT broken! So now I’m really freaking out. What the crap?! I find my cell phone and check the time. 8:35! So why is Diane Sawyer telling me that it’s 7:45?! I picked up the TiVo remote for the tv and push the “fast forward” button. Sure enough, it’s NOT live- it’s an HOUR and 15 minutes BEHIND LIVE TV!! The dogs must have pushed the “pause” button sometime last night when I fell asleep, and it PAUSED LIVE TV and put it back an hour! ARRGGHHHH!!!

So now I really WAS late! I’m usually on the subway by 8:30am, so that I don’t get stuck in someone’s armpit in the crowded rush hour. Dan says he’s going in late, so he’ll walk and feed the dogs, so I brush my teeth, stuff my gym clothes in my bag for after work, throw on some clothes and bolt out the door. What a freaking brain mess! I felt like I was in some kind of a time warp, and I couldn’t figure out what was going on!!

That’s crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...