02 September 2007

Labor(less) day Weekend!

I just have to say that I am enjoying doing NOTHING this weekend! Dan and I slept in yesterday, then went shopping in Union Square and Flatiron District. Later, we went to the Union Square market and bought some farm-fresh organic fruit and produce. Dan made roast in the crock-pot for dinner, and then we had a serious CROKINOLE tournament with our friends Ben and Natalie.

My hairdryer blew up this week, and with my new haircut, I desperately need a dryer. I decided to invest in a good hairdryer, and I found one at bliss spa , that I wanted. I went to Bliss on 57th and 6th (which is far because it's on the upper east side, which is separated from where we live on the upper west side by central park.) There's no cross town subways in upper manhattan, so you have to go down to Times Square, switch trains, and then go back up to the upper east side. I found out the hard way to never go to a spa on a holiday weekend. I had to stand in line just to ask if they had the hairdryer. Nope, they didn't. So they offered to call the SoHo store and see if they had it. SoHo said yes, so I went all the way down to lower manhattan, and battled the crowds of tourists and shoppers (uurrrggghh!) in over-glammed SoHo. Again, I waited in line at the spa, and when I finally spoke to the attendant, she pulled out a stupid folding travel hairdryer that you can buy at Kmart. Thanks alot, lady. I just spent 2 hours running all over the city and this is what you pull out? I went home and ordered it online, with a 20% coupon I found on retail me not . It just goes to show, that even when you live in a city that has everything and every store you could think of, it's so much easier to find it on the internet and have it delivered to your door!

Tomorrow, on our holiday, we have NO plans and we'll just see where the day takes us.
New York City is beautiful and sunny, and NOT hot, which is fabulous. We've been in hibernation from the sticky humid summer, and we are looking forward to a glorious autumn and winter season! I can't wait to wear jeans again! Happy Labor(less) Day to all of you! Put your feet up and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...