30 October 2008

Menu from "La Maison Bortner"

So I finished up my menu planning yesterday and I even made my grocery list for the next 2 weeks. I try to do menus for 2 week intervals- it's an Excel spreadsheet that has 7 columns (for a 7 day week) and 2 options in each column. Let's face it, sometimes you get home from a long day at work and you decide you don't want to make what was "scheduled", so I like to give myself some flexibility!

Actually, the 14 days of dinner meals ends up stretching to at least 16 because there are bound to be leftovers, with just 2 of us eating. Certain things are great leftovers: lasagna is a GREAT leftover, wouldn't you agree? To me, it sometimes tastes even BETTER when you heat it up the next day! But some leftovers, well their fate is sealed the moment that the Glad press 'n seal wrap makes contact with the dish. So, most of my meals are 30 minutes or less, easy to make, and minmal dishes involved (no diswasher!) We're a big fan of casserole-type meals, because it's easy to make ahead the night before, then just pop in the oven when we get home from work. Plus, it's easier to clean up, with just one dish to soak and clean.

We still like to have some "lazy ass" meals on deck, because inevitably we will have a night like last night, when I get home late from the gym and Dan gets home late from the bar...I mean "WORK" (lol!) and we just don't feel like cooking. Last night, we had what I like to call a "college kid meal" where we enjoyed fine dining of Ellio's Pizza, and Tater Tots. Oh yes. We're classy like that!

So, in case you're wondering, here's a list of what will be cooking in my 2 sq ft kitchen for the next few weeks. Keep in mind, I cook for a husband who is pretty picky, so all of the meals should be "kid friendly" since they're "Dan friendly." I printed my chart and all the recipes for my friend Carmen (who's blog is on the right- check out CeeCee's world and give her a shout!) If anyone else wants some of these recipes, leave me a comment.

Shepherd's Pie
Spaghetti & Meatballs
Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
Chicken Pot Pie
Au Gratin Taco Bake
3 Cheese Ravioli
Vegetarian Lasagna
Chicken stew with Dumplings
Broccoli & Ham Bake
Beef & Vegetable Pie
Chicken Tetrazzini
Creamy 2 Cheese Fettuccini
Baked Ziti
Roasted Potatoes
Sweet Potato Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...