23 October 2008

Thursday gibberish

It's THURSDAY, which means it's one day closer to FRIDAY! Man, I love weekends. I love Friday nights, too- because you go to bed thinking, "Wow, I still have TWO more days to sleep in!" It's a great feeling.

Tonight, Elizabeth and I embark in our second volunteering adventure: this time, not in Spanish Harlem! LOL

Last time we volunteered, we were at a women's halfway home for formerly homeless women/ex-cons, doing a Yoga class. It really didn't feel much like volunteering because we just showed up and did Yoga for an hour. I liked the Yoga, though- and I started taking classes through my gym. Watch out, MADONNA!!

So, tonight we signed up for something that should be really really fun! We're going up to an elderly care home on the upper west side to volunteer at their monthly cocktail party! We'll be serving drinks to the seniors, socializing, and dancing with them. I warned Elizabeth to watch those hands- these old guys have a tendancy to be pretty flirty! Ha ha ha.

We're excited- I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...