05 December 2008

Vegan baking attempt: Pumpkin Cookies

I tried a vegan cookie recipe last night: Pumpkin cookies. I LOOOOOVE pumpkin, so it sounded logical! Instead of milk and eggs, the recipe uses applesauce and brown sugar, with oatmeal for texture.

When I stirred up the dough, I couldn't help but notice it's unusual color and texture. And how did it taste? HORRIBLE.

Let's just say it tasted exactly how it looked: and it looked exactly like baby diarrhea.

So, I'll do you all a favor and NOT share the recipe with you. I threw out the cookies AND all the dough. It was not a good experiment.

Oh, and also, 2 days ago, I was down 2 LBS! But today, I got on the scale and was back UP 1 lb, so I don't think it was really a weight loss. It was probably water or salt weight. (Sad frowny face.) Like I said, this is NOT a diet. It's a lifestyle, it's not really for losing weight ( now you've been warned!)

Tomorrow will be the start of week 2, and I can't wait until it's over. I 'm NOT quitting because I'm just the kind of person that says their gonna do something and I HAVE to do it, no matter what. Dan wants to get out in the worst way, so I told him, hey, you can eat whatever you want during the day, but I'm not wasting all this food we bought (EXPENSIVE food we bought!) so I'm still cooking vegan every night for dinner.

Since yesterday, I've had a headache. I thought it was caffeine withdrawl from no coffee/soda, so I drank a coke zero. Nope, still had the headache. Then I took 2 advil- still had the headache. I drank ANOTHER soda later in the day, and still had a headache. I think it's low iron, maybe. I'm taking a multivitamin, but I still just feel blah.

This morning, the headache was back, and it woke me up early in the morning with pain. I took more Tylenol and laid down. Now I'm at work and drinking ANOTHER coke zero to see if it will help. It's a little less, but still there. Most people would say, "OK, if this is making you feel like crap, then STOP," but I just CAN'T!

It's not really the milk that I'm missing- I think I could go without dairy and cheese no problem. It's the EGGS for some reason. I'm used to eating egg whites in the morning, or omelets with spinach and mushrooms. I just can't wait to eat a big plate of scrambled eggs next Sunday, when we're off the vegan plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...