01 December 2008

Vegan...schmegan

So, day 3 on the vegan cleanse and SHOCKER... I'm actually UP 0.4 lbs! What the?! So, yeah, I don't know about the weight loss aspect of it, but oh well. I'm not surprised by the weight gain, though- since I've discovered most of the vegan diet depends heavily on STARCHES, which seems to be the opposite of what dieting wisdom suggests. Every meal we eat is heavy in carbs, so it seems logical that you WOULDN'T lose weight. But, on the other hand, you're not eating much fat at all, so maybe the weight gain is just temporary.

I have to stress again, that vegan is SO easy to do unhealthily- think about it, you could eat skittles, pringles, bugles, pretzels and basically anything else that ends in "uhls" and you'd technically be eating vegan. It's really hard to do it healthily and maintain all your nutrients.

For breakfast, I had a vegan oatmeal scone (again, lots of CARBS!), for lunch I had vegan chili (made with tofu or soy or some kind of fake meat) and 3 clementines and an apple throughout the day for snacks. I also have not had any SODA since we've started the vegan thing. Again, technically it IS vegan, but hey, we're trying to do it right. I might cave and have a coke zero at some point because I am getting headaches from the caffeine withdrawl. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...