26 July 2007

Countdown to another Friday!

I had a hard time waking up this morning- I have to admit. I have this theory that your bed never feels quite as good as 5 minutes before your alarm goes off. Isn't it true? The blankets are wrapped around you just right, the bed is soft and warm, the pillow cradles your head so perfectly... and then beep beep beep beep! The alarm rips you out of your perfect nirvana and your feet hit the cold floor.

Anyway, I was dragging moving my butt to get ready for work today. I couldn't decide what to wear, didn't feel like curling my hair, and just was completely unmotivated to go to work. I was dreaming of staying on the couch all day, watching Maury on TiVo, and just being plain lazy. My bad mood continued as I scuffed my flip flops down the sidewalk on the way to the subway station, walked down the stairs and was hit by a wave of hot hot stale subway tunnel air.
Later, as I was riding the elevator up to the 34th Floor and stepping off into my office, I literally stopped and reprimanded myself severely.

How dare I complain about having to go to work, when so many people don’t even have a job? How can I dream about staying home all day on the couch when I walk by people who don’t even have a home to get out of the rain and snow? I get frustrated because I can’t figure out what to wear, but I walk by people sitting on the street every day who don’t have shoes, and only the rags on their back. My attitude sucks, and I realized that I have to be more grateful for the luxuries that I take for granted every day. Shame shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...