23 July 2007

Toy boat...Toy Boat...Tow Boat

I saw a tugboat as we were going over the Hudson River yesterday, and it got me on a whole TUG boat tangent. First of all, why do they call it a TUG boat, when it actually PUSHES the other boat? Shouldn't it be called a PUSH boat?

And if a tug boat's job is to move disabled boats and watercraft, then they pretty much do what tow trucks do for other vehicles, right? So then, why don't they call it a TOW boat?

Or, why don't we change the name of TOW trucks to TUG trucks. In actuality, that's a more accurate name than a tug boat, because like I said before, a tug boat doesn't tug- it pushes. Tow trucks actually do tug, so I think that's a better name anyway.

Can you imagine saying, "My car broke down, so I had to get a tug to the shop," or "The tug truck tugged my car because I didn't pay my parking tickets!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...