24 July 2007

OK, I GET IT!

I finally get it- I'm not supposed to have my car here in NYC. It's not meant to be! You'd think that after the THREE parking tickets (2 in 20 minutes, see my earlier post below) that I'd start to get a clue. Let me explain...

My car got broken into last night!

Some jerk smashed the driver's side window while it was parked (legally, mind you) along the street. Now, before my mother calls and says that our neighborhood is too dangerous, let me point out that we live in one of the most desireable neighborhoods in Manhattan, and there are VERY expensive cars parked along the street at all times of the day. What possessed someone to smash out our window is anybody's guess.

Dan went to get the car this morning and drive it to the garage, where, after the parking fiasco, we purchased a monthly spot to store the car. When he found the car at 8am, the glass was all over the seats inside, and oh yes... it RAINED all day yesterday, so the car is soaked.

You're supposed to be able to learn a lesson with every misfortune or fortune you experience, but it's been hard for me to be happy about learning something from a senseless act like this. Nothing was stolen, so I can be grateful for that, but there was nothing left IN the car to steal. I guess I can be grateful that I wasn't DRIVING the car when the window was smashed ?!? I dunno. If anyone can see the silver lining, feel free to comment below.

I'm driving the car BACK to Pennsylvania and shaking my fist in the air through the gaping hole where my window used to be. I hope car Karma gets whoever did this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...