20 August 2008

Airing out my dirty laundry

I've got SO much laundry to do!
Correction... DAN has so much laundry to do!

Dan's always been the laundry taker-carer-ofer, since he's so particular with how his clothes are washed, folded, and hung. This arrangement works out nicely for me, because I was of the "throw everything in at once and wash in cold water" school of laundering. Dan is meticulous and every garment is treated carefully and thoughtfully. The other reason that I don't do laundry is that if ever something was to go wrong, and something of his was to get RUINED, it will never be MY fault. This makes me very happy!

The laundry has grown to large mountainous heaps and tonight it's time to tackle the beast. All of you out there who are reading this blog and actually HAVE a washer and dryer in your home... I hate you. We have laundry in the building, but it's coin operated, so we're still always digging for quarters like we're freakin' college students. Ah, such is the life of a New Yorker!

I hate it when laundry piles up and you can't find anything to wear! Who can agree with me, that even though a female closet may be full of clothing items, there are still only a select few that really get worn on a regular rotation (especially in my case, where I have to dress up in business clothing for work.) To be honest, we really haven't done laundry for over 3 weeks, so now I'm pulling all kinds of crazy crap out of the back of my closet to wear to work: skirts that are too short to sit down in, pants that are too big, and long-sleeved blouses that are too HOT for this weather! Ughhh!!!

Eventually, I'm going to be wearing the leopard dress that Dan used as his Mary Murphy costume, if I don't get some clean clothes SOON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...