27 August 2008

Pamela is MY idol!

Oooooh you’re gonna LOVE this story, readers! THIS is another reason why it’s great to have a private blog! This is TOP SECRET and I could never post this publicly but you are about to be privy to some very exciting information!





My friend Pam called me and asked if I could meet her at Chelsea Pier 60 yesterday…why? Because she made it to the final auditions for American Idol in front of Simon, Paula, Randy, and Kara (the new judge!)!!!!!! Isn’t that amazing?!!!! Most people don’t realize that there are 4 auditions before you even get to the “Simon audition”, where they narrow it down from like 50,000 people to around 50!

Of COURSE I took the day off of work and got up bright and early at 5:30am to meet her. She was looking mighty fine in her military uniform. Doesn’t she look like America’s Sweetheart?!


Here’s the line outside the convention center: about 35 contestants were auditioning today.

Right away, Pam introduced me to some friends that she’d made during the last 4 days of auditions: Luke and Jock, two Canadians from Nova Scotia. They were going to audition with a song they wrote called “I got rejected on American Idol.” They can’t actually be on the show because they don’t have work authorization in the U.S., but they decided to do this whole thing for publicity. They have a duo comedy act, and perform all over Canada.







The day was LOOONG, and there was lots of waiting. We got to meet a memorable contestant from last year’s show: Alexis. She’s famous for her manic meltdown and flipping off the cameras and telling Simon to kiss her ass in a mad rage in front of the cameras. The TV show, “Extra” gave her a makeover and she’s back for a second chance to redeem herself. She was actually really shy and nice. I didn’t see her audition, but I sure hope she did better than last year! Does anyone recognize her from last year?


Pam and I did our best to get some camera time, and Pam was FREAKIN' AMAZING in her audition! She blew me away and she looked SO great on camera!! YAY PAMELA!!! We even got to talk to Ryan Seacrest!

BUT…I’m not going to reveal how the story ends. You’ll have to wait until season 8 airs to find out!

Wait, there’s more! Remember the Canadians? Well the producers bumped them to audition on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, so Dan and I offered to let them crash at our place for the night. Hotels were at least $400, and hey, I’m always willing to help out my fellow Canucks! We had lots of laughs and a fun time hanging out with Pam, Luke, and Jock last night. Check out Luke and Jock’s website at http://www.lukeandjock.com/!

I taught them how to do the “prune” pose, and we took some pictures to commemorate the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...