12 August 2008

Curly or Straight- the Great Debate! (I can write titles that rhyme...)

I was watching Good Morning America this morning and saw a human behavior experiment for curly hair versus straight hair. Check out the clip by clicking right HERE

Basically, they do an experiment asking guys to rate attractiveness of a girl with natural curly hair, and then the SAME girl is shown in a separate photo with straight hair. Who gets the higher score?

They do the same with 2 job interviews- once she goes to an interview with curly hair and the other time with straight. She wears the exact same clothes, makeup, etc. Which do you think scored better in the interview?

It's so interesting, because for years I've straightened my hair, and now I've finally become accepting of it in it's naturally curly/wavy state. Dan prefers it curly, and it's so much easier especially in the summer, because the slightest bit of humidity or rain and BOING it's back to curls anyway. It's nice to have the option of doing straight hair if I want to, but it's just SO much work!

When I did job interviews here in NYC, I wore it straight and pulled back- thinking it would be more professional and sleek, but according to this video, maybe I should have went with curly?

What are YOUR thoughts? Anyone else out there straighten their hair everyday, or have you given in to the natural texture that God gave you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...