29 July 2008

Holiday... Celebrate...

No one needs a vacation more than a person that just had one. Isn’t it SO hard to get back to work? We flew home from Mexico on Friday night, and landed in NYC around 1am. I have to admit, that as much as I didn’t want vacation to end, I actually was excited to see New York City again. It’s great when you live in a place that’s such a huge vacation destination in itself! It was kinda cool that although we were going “home”, most of the people on the plane with us were actually STARTING their vacation in the Big Apple.

The dogs, of course, were ecstatic and peed all over us upon arrival (aw, that’s LOVE!) Our friend Elizabeth was our doggy-sitter for the week. She actually moved into our apartment and stayed there with them! Isn’t that great? She lives in Hell’s Kitchen (yes, that’s a REAL place in Manhattan, not just a TV show!) It’s also known as “midtown west”, near the theatre district.

ANYWAY, we let gluttony get the best of us while on vacation, so now we’re both in “detox mode” this week. Dan leaves for Miami on Sunday, and NEXT weekend, I’m going to Miami to meet him! We’re partying in Miami for my birthday (which is Saturday, August 9th, just so you KNOW!!) LOL we’re really looking forward to it, but we also don’t want to look bloated and out of shape on the beach, so it’s time to put away the cookies and go back to my cottage cheese!

Speaking of which- I had cottage cheese and an apple for lunch today. BORING! Ugh, I wish I could be on vacation forever and eat eat eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...