03 July 2008

A sock full of nickels is a real weapon! Don't laugh!


FUNNY story! So, Sunday, when were were down in SoHo for brunch, Dan and I were walking together and I saw this woman walking toward us on the sidewalk. She was talking to herself and her hair was all messed up and I suspected she was “a crazie” as I like to call them here in NYC. She had a cup of coffee in her hand, and 2 envelopes under her arm. She walked over to the mailbox, right in front of us, and took the lid off her coffee. I knew what was going to happen, but I also knew that she’s a crazie, so I didn’t want to intervene or even say anything to her, lest she pull out a sock full of nickels and start beating me or push me in front of an oncoming bus. (These are the things you have to consider, as a New Yorker! I’m not even joking!!) You never know who has a knife or a gun, and it’s the crazies that would do it and not even realize anything happened!

So she opens the mail box, POURS HER COFFEE straight down into it, and then puts her envelopes in, and closes the lid. After we walked about a block (and I figured we were far enough away that she wouldn’t attack us) I said to Dan, DID YOU JUST SEE THAT?!!!! He didn’t notice any of it, so I told him the story and we laughed about it for a couple blocks.

You really never know what you’re gonna see here in Manhattan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...