10 July 2008

Is that... FAKE?

What do we all crave in the summer? A golden sunkissed glow, and lucky for me and all the other pale gals out there, I've FOUND the holy grail of bronzers.

I've always been apprehensive about self tanners- no matter how much money I spend, it ALWAYS gets streaky and ends up all over my hands. Ugh! BUT, I'm about to divulge my TWO BIGGEST FAKE TAN SECRETS of summer 2008!

You might have seen my "reveal" pictures, in my swimsuit after my fitness challenge, and wondered, "where did she get that gorgeous tan?" Here it is, ladies: LORAC TANtalizer lotion. You can buy it at Sephora, and right now they have a package that includes a makeup bag, blush/bronzer, eyeshadows, lipgloss AND the tantalizer lotion for just 35 Bucks! If you buy a full size lotion, it's about $32. At first, I thought the price was kinda steep, BUT if you figure that a spray tan (we'll hear more on that later) is about $29 and last for 5 days, this lotion has enough for at LEAST 5 whole body applications, so it's actually MUCH cheaper.

The lotion is NOT a self tanner, which is why it's so fabulous. It's basically a tinted bronzer lotion that has just the SLIGHTEST shimmer, so you don't look like you just got a gallon of glitter dumped on you. It smells GREAT, not like self tanners do, AND, it washes right off in the shower! So, if you're going out and just want a little color to show off your new rock hard body, this is just the ticket. I loved how easy it went on- no streaks, no mess, and it lasts all day (but obviously not if you're in the water.) If you want darker, apply a generous amount, or for just a little glow, just put on a bit. It's that simple!

I saw that they sell a MOUSSE as well, that apparently contains caffeine and reduces the appearance of cellulite. I'm not to sure about this one, since I think mousse is much harder to apply and blend in than lotion. Plus, as I said before, NOTHING gets rid of cellulite except hard work at the gym, so don't be mislead into thinking it's a miracle cure.

My SECOND sun secret is MYSTIC TAN. I tried this for the first time in LA about 4 years ago, and I was skeptical at first. I figured I'd look orange and streaky, but it actually turns out PERFECT! You choose whether you want light, medium, or dark ( I always go with light, since I AM light) strip down in a private room, step into the booth, push the button and that's it! Oh, and I would suggest you HOLD YOUR BREATH or else you breathe in the misty spray. There's a cream that you rub on your hands, elbows, knees, and feet to block the tanner, and a hair cap to keep it out of your hair. In 30 seconds, you step out of the booth, use a towel to blot your entire body and you're DONE! The tan develops over a period of about 7 hours, but it has a bronzer that gives you an immediate glow too. The down side is that it only lasts about 4 days for me since I'm working out and sweating and showering all the time. I found a place on 72nd street, right by my apt, so I'm going next week before we leave for Mexico!

If you can't bake it, FAKE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...