08 July 2008

New Goals!

Hello everyone! So now that I’m feeling empowered from conquering another personal challenge, I have decided what my next goals will be. So far, I only have a list of 3:

1) Become a RUNNER. I was always the kid who was walking after a minute in gym class, with a cramp or a stitch in my side. I hated getting all sweaty and my cheeks would get red, and I’d be out of breath in no time. But now that I’m an official gym rat, I’ve decided that if I just keep running stairs (even though they’re SO great for your legs, butt, and thighs! Don’t waste your time on cellulite creams, ladies- this is the ONLY thing that truly works!) I’ll plateau eventually. So, last night I got on the treadmill and RAN. I alternated running 1 lap, speed walking 1 lap, etc. I did this for 60 minutes. Oh, and when I’m walking, I increased the incline to 8% so that I still get that burn in my glutes like I do on the stairs. Tonight I’ll increase it to run 1 ½ and and keep increasing the running vs. walking until I can run the WHOLE time! I have to be really careful of my posture and make sure I land my strides right, so that I absorb the shock to protect my jaw. My TMJ has been doing well, and its pretty manageable if I wear my splint at night like I’m supposed to.

2) Do the splits- front and side. I am always impressed by people who can do this!

3) Sing at 1 open mic night a month- starting in August. I just need to get out there and start small in NYC. Gotta pay your dues in the underground scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...