17 July 2008

PAIN. Massive amounts of PAIN.

My trainer unleashed the wrath of Satan on me yesterday during our session. It's NO JOKE- I can barely move. I got off the subway at 50th street, and walked an extra 13 blocks to work just to avoid the two huge flights of STAIRS at Times Square, then 42nd street and Bryant park. I dropped my keys and it took me about 3 minutes to bend down, pick them up, and then stand back up.

I can't even tell you where it DOESN'T hurt- but the worst are my legs, butt, abs, and lower back. Oh, and shoulders. And triceps. See? It's everywhere!

I kinda thought that MAYBE he'd kinda ease me back into weightlifting, since it's been 2 1/2 weeks since I've lifted. In that time, I've been just doing cardio and abs, but abs on the mat, not on the decline bench (at what feels like a 90 degree decline!) So what did we do yesterday? Well, we STARTED off with squats- the REAL squats, people! The big bar across my shoulders with 95lbs of weights racked on! We did FOUR sets of 15!! So by now, my legs are shaking uncontrollably, and then he sets me up for DEADLIFTS. 135lbs, FOUR sets of 10, to the FLOOR this time. Usually, we set up the supports about 6 inches from the floor, and that's where I lift from. Oh dear God, this was ridiculous!

We went through a brutal assault of abs, arms, biceps, bench presses, and triceps- the longest and most brutal 60 minutes ever. I went to the showers after, and I had to bend my head down so I could lather the shampoo, because my arms were already incapable of reaching my head. That was a bad sign already, since the pain doesn't really sink in for a day, even TWO days.

My trainer said something to motivate me that I kinda like, though- he said "PAIN is the feeling of weakness leaving the body." That actually is a pretty good thought!

So, judging by the way I feel today, there must be NO weakness left at all in my body!! He really got on me for not lifting in the past few weeks- I've been doing a lot of cardio, but I have to keep up my strength- if you lose weight without building muscle, you get loose skin, jiggly arms and tummy, and saggy thighs- ughh!! I don't want THAT!

I purposely chose to do a training session right before we leave for vacation tomorrow, because now I'll be reminded NOT to overeat and keep working out while I'm in Mexico. Run on the beach, swim, all that stuff. I can't afford to come back in a week and be 10 steps behind again- it's TOO PAINFUL to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...