30 July 2008

Pretty


It’s been difficult to get myself to the gym after being on vacation- I went on Monday night, and worked out until I wanted to drop. I found a cardio routine in Fitness Rx magazine that suggests doing the following treadmill workout:

2 mins at maximum incline (my gym is 15% max incline on their machines) brisk walk
Reduce to 0% incline and do 2 min run
1 minute walk at 0% incline as a mini-rest

Then repeat 5 times for a 25 minute intense cardio session. Sounds easy, but those max incline walks are basically like doing LUNGES- it’s great for the legs and butt! Try this routine, it will wipe you out!

Then I did weights for 40 minutes to complete my workout. It felt great to sweat, and I really have missed the strength training. I need to be more focused in getting strength training in at least 3 days a week. Yesterday, however, I brought my gym clothes to work ( I always pack my gym bag the night before so there’s NO excuse not to be ready!) and I FORGOT my sneakers! So I carried my stupid gym bag to work for nothing! Then, this morning I got off the subway (carrying my gym bag again- ready for the gym tonight after work) and I realized I forgot my sneakers AGAIN! It must be subconscious, that my brain still wants to be on vacation! No excuses, though- I’m going to go home after work, walk the dogs, and then walk to the 59th st (Columbus circle) gym. It’s nice having an all access membership, so I can go to any Equinox location. Check out Equinox’s website here!

As I was leaving, I snapped this picture of the floral arrangement they had near the elevators- so cute, right? It’s a great idea for wedding centerpieces too- simple, chic, and modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...