02 February 2009

What's even real anymore?

Last night, I got GOOSEBUMPS up and down my neck when Jennifer Hudson sang the national anthem before the superbowl. (Mind you, that's the ONLY part of the superbowl that I watched!) She was amazing- I listened to the opening stanza of the instrumental part, and I was nervous because it was such a hard lead-in... I was like "PLEASE find the note and hit it!"

The arrangement was beautiful, but I'd say the most challenging I've ever heard. There were so many abrupt stops, and then the tempo change near the end...it was TOUGH! I was so impressed that she nailed it without even a missplaced breath!

I was bragging about her this morning at work, saying she just was AMAZING and it goes to prove that the best singers never are the ones who WIN American Idol- but THEN, I read in the Associated Press that she was LIP SYNCHING!!!

Ugh... my heart sank. Not her fault- the NFL made her and Faith Hill both submit their tracks a week in advance for fear of "technical difficulties." (It is REALLY hard to sing in a stadium that large, with all the echoing...)

But STILL... is anything real anymore? Everyone is airbrushed, photoshopped, and lip-synched. It's so sad!

Check out the article HERE

And if you haven't heard the performance yet... YouTube it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...