24 February 2009

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I’m glad another Monday is out of the way! Welcome to Tuesday, everyone! This weekend was our first weekend together since before Christmas; Dan’s been working every weekend to get the 5th Avenue store up and ready to go. On Friday, we went to a Diesel party and shopped at the new store. Dan got new jeans…I ended up with a KEYCHAIN! Where’s the justice, right? In actuality, I really wanted this amazing new Diesel handbag, but it was $560 and even with a discount, I just couldn’t bring myself to spend that much. It’s weird, the more money we earn, the cheaper I’ve become! :) Hopefully, my beautiful bag will still be around when sale season hits. On Saturday, we slept in late, ordered breakfast to be delivered to our apartment (so that we could stay in our flannel pyjamas all day!) and went to a movie Saturday night. We saw Revolutionary Road, with Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio. It was FANTASTIC- a truly great performance by both! After the movie, we stopped at Magnolia Bakery (so much for my diet! lol ) and shared a piece of coconut cake…MMMMM!!

On Sunday, we went to Nintendo world and bought a Wii, and Wii Fit system. We decided this would be our Valentine’s gift. Dan grumbled and groaned when I asked him to help set it up (he hates wires and electronics and just gets frustrated!) but it was actually pretty simple. We love Wii bowling (even though Dan kicks my butt every time!) but the REAL favorite is Wii TENNIS! It’s freaking awesome! We played it so much that we were sore the next day! We were diving on the floor, jumping over the couch, it was crazy!

We had some friends visiting in town, and we met up with them for dinner at Patsy’s on 74th. Anyone who’s ever visited us in NYC MUST be familiar with Patsy’s- we take everyone there! It’s really really really great Italian food, right on our street! We ordered a huge family-sized portion of Dan’s favorite: Spinach ravioli with Pistachio cream sauce… WOW! It’s worth every calorie! Not that I worried- I burned it all off playing Wii Tennis with Dan again until 1:30am!

Tonight I think I’ll set up the Wii Fit and try it out- my friends are saying it really works, and you actually DO get a good workout. We’ll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...