18 February 2009

Yeah, how bout I PAY YOU to give me change for a $20...?

I needed a roll of quarters for laundry the other day, so I walked to the closest bank, which happens to be CHASE bank. I walked in, and gave the teller a $20 bill and asked for $10 in quarters, please. He said, “do you have an account with us?”

“No,” I said. He said, “Oh, well then I can’t give you change.”

What the crap?! So I said, “I can’t give you $10 in paper money and then you give me $10 in coins? Isn’t this a BANK, sir?”

And he says, “well, there are fees involved for giving change, and if you don’t have an account with us, I …”

I cut him off- I said with my most sincere sarcasm, “Oh, that makes SENSE, you charge a FEE to make absolutely NO TRANSACTION except returning the money I give you right now to me in a different FORM! That’s brilliant! Well, listen- I certainly WON’T be opening an account with your bank…EVER, and I’ll be sure to advise anyone I know to NEVER become a Chase customer either! Have a wonderful day!”

Then, I walked out and continued about 20 more steps to the next bank on the street and walked right out in about 10 seconds with roll of quarters. Geez, Chase! It’s not like you’re the ONLY bank in NYC! And aren’t you the least bit afraid of losing out customers to the competition, which is literally next door to you?! With the number of banks that have been collapsing and getting bail outs, I know you’re desperate for money, but charging a fee to give you change for a $20 bill might not be the best PR right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...