23 September 2008

BYE BYE, SCALE!

I’m convinced that there’s some sort of relationship between standing on a scale every morning and NOT losing weight. I’m SO convinced, in fact, that I have decided to STOP weighing myself and forget about the stupid scale. Who’s with me??!!
I really think that looking at the scale affects my behavior in a NEGATIVE way. I’ve realized that historically, when I just FORGET about the stupid number, and do my thing because I feel better, my clothes fit better, and I have more energy, then I actually DO lose weight. But as soon as I start getting on that scale every morning (and I admit, even several times a day sometimes!) I start getting hung up on that stupid blinking digital display, and then all I want to do is quit.
So, my dear friends, I have decided NOT to let the scale rule my life. It’s ridiculous, when you think about it. Do you even realize how much your water intake affects your weight? Or sodium? Or sleep? I mean, it fluctuates all over the place.
I was doing SO good when I did my fitness competition- I didn’t EVER get on the scale, I just kept focusing on working out harder, faster, longer than I did the previous day. I drank 2 gallons of water, and I didn’t even WANT to eat sugar or junk food. And what do ya know, I stepped on the scale on my weigh in day and I lost 26lbs in 8 weeks!

Here’s my challenge for ALL of you- stop weighing yourself for 14 days, just 2 weeks, and see what happens. I bet you’ll lose more than if you’re on the scale 5 times a day like I’ve been doing. Screw the scale!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...